By Evelisse Capro, PharmD
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable broth and add potatoes.
- Cover and cook potatoes for 5 minutes
- Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes
- In a separate hot pan, dry sauté the onion until tender, adding a bit of broth as you go to keep from burning for 3-4 minutes, and deglaze with wine. Add chopped garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and wine or broth, then add portobello mushrooms down the center of the pan, over the other nicely assembled vegetables, and reassembled to look whole, slightly overlapping each other end to end if necessary to fit
- Sprinkle over all the nutritional yeast and dried herbs. Drizzle with Worcester sauce (or tamari or soy sauce) and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook over low to medium heat for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir the cornstarch and water mixture into the sides of the pan, and stir along the sides until you sauce is a bit thickened, (about 2 minutes)
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.