Inspired by Tami, Nutmeg Notebook.com
- Place the potatoes in a 6-7-quart pan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 10 minutes uncovered.
- After 10 minutes, add cauliflower and boil both vegetables for 10 minutes more or until all is fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cauliflower, saving the liquid, and return to empty pan.
- Blend cashews and garlic with enough of the saved hot liquid to make cream (start with 1 cup) and blend until smooth. May add a bit of cauliflower into the cream for a bit more volume.
- Mash vegetables with a potato masher until smooth, adding cashew cream and salt.
Serve hot. Wonderful with savory saucy sautéed mushroom.
Watch me make the recipe: