- ¾ cup pure pumpkin
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain or vanilla nondairy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, too much will make it runny)
- 3 tablespoons white chia seeds (black will discolor the pudding some)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (scant) allspice, if you have it
- Pinch of ground ginger (young kids may think this too biting)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate shavings, coconut whipped cream, and/ or vegan cookie crumbles for toppings (all optional)
Makes 3-4 servings
1. In a blender, add all ingredients. Blend for a minute or more (depending on the blender), until the seeds are fully pulverized and the pudding begins to thicken. It will thicken further in the refrigerator
2. Taste, and if you would like it sweeter, add 1-2 teaspoons more coconut sugar or maple syrup.
3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl or to 3-4 individual serving bowls, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes or more. Serve sprinkled with toppings if desired.