- 1 12-oz pkg silken tofu; I use Mori-Nu organic
- Zest of 1/2 of an orange, more if you like. Do this before juicing the orange
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice with pulp
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar like Napa Naturals Reserve or California
- Balsamic brands
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion granules or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons plant milk for preferred consistency. I like organic soy milk
Blend all in a small processor or a blender. It will thicken somewhat as it sets. Flavors blend and marry after an hour or so.
Serve over a mixed salad of any or all of these: butter lettuce, baby mixed lettuces or herbs, arugula, purple shredded cabbage and carrot, and sliced fruit like fresh peach, plum, apple, figs, and orange wedges.
Also nice drizzled over a mixed fruit salad with a bit of chopped mint.
Lasts in the refrigerator well over a week.