Recipe from Tami Kramer, Nutmeg Notebook
Gluten, egg, oil, and sugar free
12 muffins or 24 cookies. These freeze well.
Dense, flavorful and healthy muffins, great for breakfast, snack, or in a lunch box.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a blender container add banana, pumpkin puree, applesauce and dates and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside while preparing the dry ingredients
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa flakes, quick cooking steel cut oats, rolled oats, golden flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, raisins, chocolate chips &/or pecans (if using). Stir to combine.
- Add the contents of the blender to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- If making muffins, measure the capacity of the muffin cup [measure capacity using water] Use that size measuring cup to measure out the batter into each muffin cup. The muffins do not rise. A silicone muffin pan makes popping them out easy. Or use a regular muffin pan with parchment liners.
- If making cookies you may use a 2-ounce food scoop a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Portion the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. They do not spread so they don’t need much extra room. Lightly flatten the cookies so that they are a uniform shape.
- Bake muffins 30 minutes, cookies 25. Test 5 minutes early because ovens vary.
- Remove from pans and cool on a rack.