- 16 oz tofu, firm or extra firm, drained and patted dry
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tsp. curry powder (depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos or date syrup or 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup halved grapes
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (more if you want extra crunch)
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, chopped chives or spring onions, and slivered almonds if desired.
Inspired by Dr. Christina Miller, PlantBasedTeleHealth.Com
- In a big bowl, mash tofu with a potato masher or fork. Add the chopped vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, curry powder, vinegar, mustard, and coconut aminos. Pour over the tofu and vegetables and mix lightly.
- Add the raisins, grapes, and toasted almonds and mix thoroughly.
Best if made 1-2 hours ahead and allowed to rest to blend flavors.
Serve on a lettuce cup or on a bed of greens. May garnish with parsley, chives, and additional slivered almonds.