From Tami Kramer, Nutmeg Notebook
This is a delicious and wholesome dessert, especially served warm with a generous scoop of your favorite plant based ‘nice cream’.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the filling, using a large mixing bowl combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, oat flour, vanilla powder or extract, raisins and apple juice. Stir until combined. Place in a 9” pie pan or 9” square baking dish.
- For the topping, in a medium size bowl combine the rolled oats, oat or almond flour, apple pie spice, vanilla powder or extract, apple juice and date paste, and using a fork mix until well combined. Spread mixture evenly over the apples in the baking dish. It will be lumpy which is great to create a crispy crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned on top and the apples are cook through.
- Great with plant based ‘nice cream’.
Easy Vanilla Nice Cream
In a high-powered blender or food processor mix 4 frozen ripe bananas, cut into pieces, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup or date paste with just enough plant milk to create consistency of thick ice cream, tamping down until evenly blended. Taste and add more cinnamon and sweetener if desired. Serve immediately or freeze for at least 6 hours or longer.