Inspired by recipe from @healthylivingjames
My husband disliked eggplant until I made him this dish. A savory caramel colored glaze over pale tender eggplant, served in its own shell. So easy to prepare, so pretty to serve, and so delicious. The two of us polished this off with a bowl of vegan Moroccan Tagine and steamed broccoli. Yum!
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the eggplant in half, stem to base. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and char the surface of the flesh side of the eggplant halves until nicely colored.
- Slice crisscross lines across the browned surface of the eggplant, approx. 1/4” deep.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl to create a glaze. Whisk until smooth.
- Place the eggplant halves on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cover evenly with the glaze, spreading it over the crisscross lines.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until richly browned and soft. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!