- 1 1/2 pounds carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineaplle, in its own juice; or pineapple chunks lightly chopped in food processor
- 1/3-1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/3-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4-1/3 cup low fat Vegenaise, or more to taste *
Grate carrots by hand or using a grating blade of a food processor. Put carrots in a large mixing bowl and add next 4 ingredients, mix. Add Vegenaise, mix and chill. Enjoy!
*May substitute oil free tofu mayonnaise for vegenaise. Recipe under misc. recipes on my website nansimonsen.com.