• Set a large soup pot over medium-high heat and when hot add the onion. Stir from time to time, adding a few tablespoons of broth to prevent sticking or excess browning. Turn down the heat, cover, cook for 7-10 minutes to caramelize onions to an even brown. Add a bit of broth to keep from burning.
• Add garlic and stir to combine, cook 2 minutes. Add the leeks and cook until soft, approximately 8 minutes. Add a bit of broth if necessary.
• Add the greens and broth. Increase the heat and bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer until the greens are soft but still bright, 5-7 minutes.
• Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Carefully puree the soup, manageable portions at a time, in blender or food processor until smooth. Be very careful to leave room in the cover for steam to release. [May use an immersion blender but results are best with a blender]. Pour all back into the pan, add nutmeg and salt (if using), cracked pepper and cayenne (if desired).
• Serve in pretty bowls with a scattering of sliced almonds for garnish.