Makes 4 servings
- 1 7oz bag fresh baby arugula
- ½ lb fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ recipe or less Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing (see below)
- ½ cup cashews (less expensive if you buy as broken pieces)
- ½ cup aquafaba (liquid drained from canned chickpeas). Use water, but thinner dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon onion granules or flakes
- 1-2 Medjool dates, pitted (taste for sweetness and possibly add 1 more)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
l. Prepare the dressing first…place all of the dressing ingredients except for the poppy seeds in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Blend longer if still gritty from cashews.
2. Pour dressing into a glass jar or container and stir in poppy seeds. Best to chill the dressing in the refrigerator for an hour or so before serving.
3. Place the spinach on individual salad plates. Top with strawberries, cucumber, and avocado.
4. Drizzle with the dressing and toss before you eat.
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak the cashews first for 4-8 hours. Drain before blending.